WordPress Vulnerable Plugin Checker
Download on WordPress.org
This plugin automatically checks installed plugins for known vulnerabilities utilizing WPScan’s API and provides optional email alerts when a plugin has been detected vulnerable.
- Automatic vulnerability detection in plugins utilizing WPScan’s API
- Optional email alerts
- Utilizes WP Cron to check for new security updates twice a day
- Cached API results to increase backend load time significantly
- Upload the folder “vulnerable-plugin-checker” to your WordPress Plugins Directory (typically “/wp-content/plugins/”)
- Activate the plugin on your Plugins Page.
Enabling Email Updates
- After activating “Vulnerable Plugin Checker”, go to Tools > VPC Settings
- Check off “Enable Email Alerts” and enter your email in “Alert Email Address”
- Click “Save Changes”